McKinley Marketing Partners’ McLean based client is looking for a talented and conceptual Copywriter to join their Creative Services team. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in advertising, creative media, and pop culture with a background in writing. They should feel comfortable writing video, print, digital, and/or social media pieces for specific, targeted audiences.
- Provide creative support on projects big and small, often in collaboration with an art director or designer
- Write short- and long-form content for a variety of media
- Proactively pitch concepts and creative executions
- Collaborate with creative and strategy teams on concept development for ongoing and seasonal campaigns
- Create persuasive messages; tell compelling stories that generate brand loyalty in key audiences
- Participate in content and creative brainstorms and consistently provide big innovative ideas relative to content marketing, the broader cultural zeitgeist, and digital landscape trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, English, or related field
- 3+ years writing experience with demonstrated expertise in using language and ideas to craft smart, engaging narratives (conceptual/campaign work, headline experience, and video samples a plus)
- A cultural curator who loves the intricacies of human behavior, trends, pop culture and ways to make a difference in the world through storytelling
- Exceptional and flexible writing and editing skills; you think and communicate clearly in all media
- Familiarity with branding, marketing, UX, game design, social/behavioral psychology, business, social engineering or anything else that is crucial when developing smart, realistic and compelling ideas
- A self-starter who can excel under the pressure of multiple deadlines and improves with constructive feedback
- Ability to present and stand up for work, communicate effectively, continuously optimistic about finding a better solution
All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package