This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our retail client in the Dallas region is looking for an internal communications consultant that will be responsible for managing and supporting the communications strategy for acquisition and reinforcing company culture to support the business. The internal communications consultant will help support key initiatives, promotional static objectives, and commitments while identifying new and creative ways to reach internal customers and stakeholder audiences.
This position will require regular on-site attendance. All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, especially those departments and individuals that support the CEO
- Manage the development and approval of weekly joint integration updates and agenda process. Track all acquisition-related communications and partner with key stakeholders to measure the effectiveness of the message/communications tactic
- Provide support and counsel for a variety of acquisition-related communications needs, including drafting of materials (scripts, stories, memos, etc.) for both broad and targeted audiences at both companies and routing through the proper approval process
- Develop and execute internal communications strategies for defined focus areas
- Align communications strategies with other departmental areas and counsel partners on effective ways to reach specific internal audiences with messages while protecting/enhancing the brand
- Own tracking and reporting of internal communications success metrics. Provide weekly updates to the corporate communications calendar
- Gather, analyze, and incorporate content and best practices into communications efforts to ensure that the communications strategy and programs resonate with and motivate the audience
- Develop and post/distribute communications for internal audiences using company intranet and email distribution software. Ensure intranet is kept up to date by checking its pages regularly and liaising to get appropriate changes made. Contribute ideas and copy for content, features, and new pages to improve the site(s) and provide counsel for other business units to improve theirs.
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, or other applicable areas
- 3+ years experience in a retail environment
- Experience with social media, strategy formulation/communication.
- Excellent writing skills: AP-style experience
- Experience and training in formal writing (articles, speeches, reports, etc.)
- Extremely thorough knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills