McKinley Marketing Partners’ large retail client is seeking a content designer for a full-time project opportunity. In this role, you will need to interpret, manage and advocate for this story-driven strategy. This role is also all about writing good copy. While the strategy is essential, so is great copy – character driven, detailed-oriented with a mix of journalism and content creation.
The content designer will often balance many projects, contributing to multiple initiatives across the marketing mix including the website, email, and social. As such, a self-starter used to a great deal of accountability would be more successful. This role will be expected to produce error-free content, operationalizing content created for future re-use, and have the skills and attention-to-detail to edit their own work.
- Write clear, compelling, and persuasive product copy
- Be an advocate for authentic customer messaging that is also coherent, e.g. good grammar, spellings and consistent with the AP Style Guide
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams to gather necessary product information
- Partners with the marketing and products teams to produce marketing materials
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with the creative team to foster new ideas and customer-centric strategies
- Degree in journalism, communications, advertising or other applicable field of study
- 3+ years of writing experience; preferably for retail in either an in-house or an agency setting
- A strong portfolio of work and the ability to present that work both strategically and creatively
- Demonstrates knowledge of writing and content best practices
- Exceptional editing and proofing skills
- Strong communications skills and ability to work across various teams at any level
- Has an attention to detail, an understanding the importance of the finer details, and can multitask in the face of competing priorities
- Able to create structure and process where it currently does not exist
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment