McKinley Marketing Partners’ Fortune 500 financial services client is seeking a Public Relations Manager to join their team in McLean. They are seeking an energetic, self-starter to support the Economic & Housing Research (E&HR) group and enhance the company’s public image through communications across multiple channels. Responsibilities in this role include working to develop and produce public relations programs, write press releases and other content, handle media relations, develop social media campaigns, and provide communications counsel to subject matter experts and other personnel. This candidate must have strong experience in Media Relations and be comfortable forming relationships with Tier 1 news publications and top reporters in the industry.
- Serve as the strategic public relations manager for the Chief Economist and the E&HR Group
- Create an annual E&HR communications strategy to help define platforms for research topics that support larger corporate messaging
- Handle media relations activity for E&HR on topics primarily focusing on macroeconomics, the housing and mortgage markets, and client specific initiatives
- Work closely with Tier 1 news publications and top reporters and know when to go on or off the record, shape a story, etc.
- Handle fast-moving, technical, confidential, and sensitive information when conducting on-record-interviews with reporters
- Maintain and build reporter relationships
- Develop social media strategies that support the regular release of E&HR research materials and being an active, daily voice across social media channels
- Edit and create monthly economic forecasts, industry insights, press releases, talking points, briefing documents and other communications collateral as needed
- Act as a liaison between E&HR and other departments to coordinate and cross-leverage content
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or other applicable areas of study
- 8-10+ years of related experience
- Experience in media relations and providing communications counsel
- Strong media relations experience required - experience working with press, reporters, and Tier 1 news publications strongly preferred - NYT, WSJ, The Economist, Bloomberg, for example.
- Public Relations/Media/Marketing agency experience.
- Strong understanding of economic and housing data preferred
- Strong ability to write content for a variety of channels – media, web and social
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns
- Ability to translate complex information into clear communications that can be understood by a wide range of audiences
- Impeccable oral and written communications skills
- Understanding of communications best practices and ability to apply them
- Exceptional interpersonal skills