Are you looking to be a part of a large, global company where innovation is a key proponent to new successes? We are working with a well-known hospitality company that is looking for a product innovation strategist who will be responsible for monitoring consumer trends, marketing, distribution, and competitive landscape shifts to inform strategic decision-making. You will focus on articulating visions and plans to grow a business unit strategy and be a key partner with corporate strategy, technology to inform and implement business goals. This position will report to the senior director of product and will have 2-3 direct reports.
This position will require occasional on-site attendance once in office operations resume. If the candidate is outside of the DMV, relocation can be available.
- Lead the development of an actionable long-term growth plan, establishing enterprise alignment and commitment towards key goals, and execute and communicate progress to senior management
- Lead team in the research and analysis on the industry, consumer, economic, and internal factors that impact the company’s decision-making
- Partner with FP&A, corporate strategy, and technology organizations to share a roadmap to inform and align against organization priorities
- Regularly quantify and model the impact of past and future actions, while revising strategy to manage risk and progress against goals
- Lead creation of board materials including presentations, memos, and or research
- Lead the evaluation of new opportunities to drive growth or manage cost across marketing and distribution while leveraging the latest techniques and technology to solve problems
- Develop and validate savings or revenue gains with robust financial models while pro-actively communicating progress, risk, and alternatives to senior stakeholders
- Project manage multiple complex ideas from concept to implementation; prioritize and balance workload by focusing on high growth areas
- Create and or identify various products within segments that are an ideal fit for scales covering areas such as segment, channel, markets, and or financial incentives such as commissions, etc.
- Define an end-to-end marketing and implementation strategy that includes segmentation, targeting, pricing, forecasting, inventory management, and the use of technology to drive scale and performance
- Evaluate, optimize, and or set up new distribution channels
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Engineering, Finance or Hospitality Management; MBA is a plus
- 5 - 7 years of experience with managing complex, cross-functional projects including defining strategy, setting objectives and deliverables, establishing project timeline, and managing execution and budget
- Proven ability to adapt to change, lead others through change and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while working in a matrixed organization
- Experience managing a technology-based product line, with ownership of P&L responsibilities
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, quantitative skills, communication (written and verbal), and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills including managing projects with multiple stakeholders and complex logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to build organization alignment and influence organizational changes
- Analytical, critical, and strategic mindset to build the structure around loosely defined projects and sense of ownership to see projects through to completion