District Of Columbia
Our client in the private newspaper space is seeking a director of marketing and digital strategy to join their team. The director will be responsible for cultivating relationships with the audiences to grow new subscriptions and maximizing retention of current subscriptions, as well as managing all marketing planning and implementation, online product marketing, and pricing to achieve the forecasted revenue goals.
In this role, the director will ensure audience engagement, meeting key performance indicators, analyzing results, and making recommendations on product development and strategy. The director will work collaboratively with team members and subject matter experts to cultivate and fully implement the strategy throughout the organization.
- Develop a strategy for print and online subscriptions, online products and online registrations, with defined metrics and goals in coordination
- Manage the execution of all new business promotion efforts including online, email, social media, and direct mail
- Manage the execution of promotion plans for ancillary content products such as webinars, workshops, data, content collections, etc.
- Work collaboratively to develop new marketing strategies and implement new marketing ideas, keeping current on best practices and innovative marketing strategies and tactics
- Manage the execution of all retention promotion plans including, renewal notices, automatic renewals, and online and telemarketing retention programs
- Determine, evaluate and implement overall content revenue priorities in new digital product development structure to ensure alignment with a subscriber-first strategy including needs, goals and requirements
- Using trends and insights from data, evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and working within the product development team, initiate products and features that grow our audiences and digital revenue
- Collaborate with teams to create new online strategies, including social media, to drive traffic, user registration, and paid subscriptions to all products
- Lead, participate in and contribute to cross-functional strategic teams, working groups, taskforces, and initiatives
- Strategically analyze and interpret all audience data, including, but not limited to, print promotion analyses, web analytics, total audience analysis, and regression/profiling analysis
- Create revenue projections and other appropriate forecasting, for new products such as events, membership, and data
- Oversee and approve day-to-day activities and marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Management or related area of study
- 7+ years of experience working in subscription or membership marketing with an emphasis on acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Ability to build strong relationships with academic and nonprofit audiences
- Exceptional integrated direct marketing skills and strong digital marketing acumen including SEM/SEO
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and provide formal and informal feedback
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of working cross-functionally, preferably with editorial, technical, product, creative and sales teams
- Encourages a results-oriented culture that is strong in tracking sales and promotions, ROI and campaign results
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals