This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley’s healthcare client based in Owings Mills has an immediate need for a UI/UX designer to design and develop activities to ensure optimal user experience of the client’s digital properties through their understanding and expertise in digital design for web, social and mobile. This UI/UX designer must have proven skills and experience in building websites within a development framework, proficiency in user-interface design for web, social and mobile platforms, and an understanding of new and emerging design and development technologies. The position serves as the team's functional coding expert.
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume.
- Leads and reviews the design and coding of websites to ensure that best practice coding standards are implemented, and the designs are consistent with the corporate brand
- Performs industry design audit to understand current technologies and design components to drive increased user engagement and web adoption and usage
- Analyzes the feasibility of coding and user interface design enhancements, automation, and processes to provide future design recommendations
- Leads strategy for user research, testing, and site analytics for all digital projects
- Interprets UI/UX wireframes, translates UX concepts into code and develops new user interfaces
- Sets up and implements analytics tracking code for websites, social media, email, and web platforms
- Quality checks design and coding work while maintaining high standards and consistency across digital platforms
- Works with internal teams to determine best design and user interface solutions for projects or day-to-day implementation
- Designs and develops email templates in 3rd party vendor email distribution platforms
- Supports the design and implementation of social media marketing efforts, online advertising, and digital sponsorships
- Leads unit testing and user interaction for all digital designs and development while in a testing environment
- On-boards new team members by training and educating them on the corporate design and development best-practices and rules and brand guidelines
- Trains new and existing digital team members on internal and 3rd party tools used by the team. Attends technical meetings and represents the digital team as the SME in front-end, user interface, and experience design
- 5 years experience as a web developer/designer or front-end developer/designer or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience using wireframe and prototyping tools
- Knowledge and experience in how to implement code on a website to collect web and social usage analytics
- Familiarity with the following software and technologies helpful: Marketing Automation, Email Communication, other coding languages PHP, JSON, XML, etc.
- Experience with design, development, and testing on an email platform
- Proficiency in creating user-centric web experiences within the parameters of UX/UI, SEO, mobile and responsive design
- Experience with the Content Management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal
- Understanding of design and coding standards for 508 compliance/web accessibility
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager setup and configuration