This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our client in Reston in looking for a Social Media Manager. This is a contract-to-hire position. The Social Media Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the social media channels. This role is charged with maintaining a social media editorial calendar and overseeing the daily monitoring of all corporate accounts. This position requires strong project management, content development, attention to detail, as well as analytical and interpersonal skills to be able to quickly respond to clients and customers in today’s 24/7 social environment.
- Managing the global social media editorial calendar across all social channels ensuring our online presence on social media is updated and brand-focused
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders, including a global marketing team to ideate, create and edit engaging content (original text, images, and video)
- Monitoring online/social communities and facilitating responses to inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring social chatter for areas where the client can contribute to or enhance the conversation
- Monitoring competitor and industry activity in online communities across the globe, and regularly preparing and presenting competitive analyses to the internal stakeholders.
- Monitoring and tracking performance of corporate social media channels, performing analysis, and preparing reports, including user engagement and traffic to our owned web properties
- Building and supporting SEO strategies by implementing keyword priorities into social media marketing projects
- Staying current on industry and social media trends; document and prepare actionable insights and recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations or equivalent on the job experience
- 2-4 years experience in social media or a related field
- Experience with a social media management solution, such as Hootsuite or Sprinklr
- Experience in Adobe Analytics
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns, especially on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Excellent proofreading, copy editing and writing skills