District Of Columbia
McKinley Marketing Partners’ large non-profit client is looking for a SEO Specialist to work a long-term contract. The SEO Specialist will drive growth and engagement of various audience segments across a number of key programs through website, mobile, and social channels.
- Define requirements for page/site structure and develop and execute content strategies that will result in discovery of content in search engines while driving traffic to the brand’s site
- Perform keyword research to help inform and execute content strategy
- Identify search demand and trends in each editorial channel
- Actively drive and execute daily SEO activities with cross functional teams
- Manage, track and report on SEO and content discovery KPIs
- Ideate cross-platform content to increase traffic to client website and improve engagement with content. Inform campaigns by helping identify critical search topics and when they will resonate most with the client audience.
- Constantly monitor best practices and developments in the search engine landscape.
- Use data driven approach to solve problems, set goals and break new ground with innovative thinking
- Pull traffic reports on channels and topics (for Producers, Editors, Ad Sales)
- Research seasonal topics and trends / Identify content gaps
- Assist with large-scale Content Inventory projects (content assessment and site cleanup)
- Provide weekly/monthly video reports using Brightcove Analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in an SEO role at a medium to large size media or communications company
- At least 3 years of direct and hands-on experience executing digital channels for large brands, private or public organizations
- 1 year of hands-on experience reporting on digital content in Adobe Analytics, including campaign tracking
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), website optimization and A/B testing tools and industry-leading SEO tools
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, publisher and media landscape
- Expertise in SEO, keyword research, content strategies and content marketing
- Experience working with business owners to develop a deep understanding of customer needs
- Exceptional skill at clear, concise, and compelling communication
- Strong analytical background to seek data-driven rigor in decision-making