This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley Marketing Partners’ large non-profit client in Washington, DC is looking for a Senior Marketing Strategist. The Senior Marketing Strategist will oversee planning and execution of complex, multi-channel, integrated marketing programs that drive engagement, revenue, and loyalty.
- Serve as primary Integrated Marketing liaison to internal client(s).
- Prepare and/or oversee development of marketing strategy recommendations; marketing plans and campaign lifecycle maps; message architectures, learning agendas and test plans.
- Collaborate closely with Digital Marketing, Social Media, and other channel owners to ensure co-creation of successful, customer-centric marketing strategies, effective marketing program/campaign execution, and sharing of learnings and insights.
- Manage creative agency(ies) developing strategic platforms, value propositions, unifying narrative threads, creative concepts, and/or marketing strategy work.
- Explore opportunities to create cohesive engagement marketing campaigns, integrating campaigns around customers rather than products.
- Apply strategic thinking capabilities and people skills to unify marketing efforts across the team.
- Consult with Research, Voice of the Customer, and/or Experience teams to understand customer wants and needs and help design experiences that fulfill them.
- Oversee issue area marketing budget(s); project and measure ROI.
- Oversee work of other team members, to include more junior consultants. Ensure accurate, on-time delivery of consultant deliverables.
- Analyze marketing campaign/tactic performance, using Tableau marketing dashboards where available, and derive actionable insights. Make strategic recommendations to optimize future marketing programs and tactics, as well as the overall marketing mix.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
- 8 or more years of prior direct response marketing experience, with an emphasis on integrated marketing, digital marketing, personalization and/or segmentation, test-and-learn, marketing campaign strategy and execution
- Expertise in current marketing best practices in key channels: email, digital, direct mail, social
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Excellent analytical abilities; can spot stories the data is telling and translate this into meaningful presentations and actionable insights for stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and initiative; flexibility to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in project prioritization
- Exceptional people and relationship-building skills. Ability to work highly effectively and successfully with others, to gain internal respect, collaborate, and build consensus among superiors, peers and subordinates
- Experience managing agencies required; experience managing teams a plus