Our large well-known nonprofit client is looking for a digital campaign manager to join their team for a long-term (12+ months) contract position. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing a range of campaigns leveraging direct digital channels, such as email and SMS, that supports a broad range of programs and clients. You will work closely with internal stakeholders and will be a primary contact for external agencies who work within the nonprofit. The ideal digital campaign manager will have the ability to operate well at both the strategic and tactical levels and can develop and document strategies and manage all moving parts and details for an immaculate execution.
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume. All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package.
- Identify and document strategies for a range of email and SMS campaigns, working with multiple business units
- Develop customer journey maps to articulate the intended customer experience, and assist clients in developing objectives that reflect the desired consumer outcome as well as internal business goals
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improved segmentation and targeted marketing
- Implement email campaigns to achieve agreed-upon objectives, coordinating with all necessary stakeholders including legal and other business units
- Coordinate with email channel managers to calendar all activities to meet desired execution dates, maximize the audience, and minimize conflict
- Oversee campaign budgets, agency progress, and project utilization rates
- Analyze and report on campaign performance. Identify trends, insights, and recommendations for improved campaign performance
- Be a champion of email and SMS governance and maintain strict adherence to data management best practices
- Develop “shelf-ready” processes for business units to be able to execute their goals via email
- Monitor operational performance and look for areas of improvement in all aspects of the process
- Work to ensure the health of the email data as well as the growth of the email list
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience executing email and direct response campaigns in a marketing/advertising agency or corporate marketing department. Experience in agency or client-service role preferred.
- Strong track record of success in developing creative marketing platforms and campaigns that perform
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create strategic plans while also executing flawlessly and with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including experience deriving insights and recommendations from data and reports
- Demonstrated ability to document a range of outputs from high-level strategies to execution details
- A strong understanding of email communication strategies -- both written and visual standards, deliverability, and segmentation practices – is desired. While this is not a technical role, exposure to technologies that drive dynamic and personalized email campaigns is preferred