Are you a digital designer looking for a great long-term contract (ongoing) with a top retail brand? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you! McKinley’s global client who operates much like a startup is looking for a senior digital designer to join its dynamic and collaborative internal creative team!
The senior digital designer will create engaging mobile first-led online experiences and marketing for our client’s website. The senior digital designer must have stronger than average creative, organizational, and time management skills, as the development and design of our client’s new website is at the heart of this role.
- Design digital marketing experiences for customer-facing (B2C), mobile-first websites
- Design and create experience-led prototypes,
- Produce sitemaps, flow diagrams, mental models, UI specifications, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups, interactive prototypes, and other UX artifacts that define the ideal flow of the proposed web designs
- Test designs for usability, quality and experience
- Be an advocate for authentic customer-led experiences that is also coherent, e.g. insights driven and evidenced-based designs
- Creative direction and visual design talent, especially for consumer retail experiences
- Comfortable with rapid, agile 2-week sprints and Lean UX methodology
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams to gather necessary product information
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with the creative team to foster new ideas and customer-centric strategies
- Degree in advertising, design, design technology, etc. or other applicable field of study
- 8-10 years of design experience; preferably for retail in either an in-house or an agency setting
- Proficient knowledge of core design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Sketch and Zeplin
- Show demonstrable expertise is several of the following areas: design for digital marketing, website design, UX design, service design, UX leadership, UX best practices, user research and design, etc.
- A strong portfolio of work and the ability to present that work both strategically and creatively
- Strong communications skills and ability to work across various teams at any level
- MUST be a team player able handle criticism and implement suggestions to improve the website’s experience and effectiveness
- Attention to detail, an understanding the importance of the finer details, and ability to multitask in the face of competing priorities
- Excellent presentation, communication, and computer skills are essential
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment