Our client in Tysons Corner is looking for a contract Senior Designer. The Senior Designer will conceptualize, design and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand touch points (including print, web, social media, events, B2B and B2C marketing collateral, internal marketing, etc.), and effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic.
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, print, digital, branding and typography.
- Responsible for graphic design and direction, seeing all projects through from concept, design, production, completion and delivery.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the ACD, Art Director and design/production team on all creative projects. Personally work on graphic development.
- Adhere to brand identity standards and guidelines.
- Interact with ACD/Art Director/Copywriter to develop creative concepts and executions.
- Work closely with project manager to keep all projects on track.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for each tactic.
- Present design work at various stages to stakeholders for review and final approval.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Mentor other designers, production artists, freelancers, interns.
- Minimum of 8 years relative Design experience, preferably in a design firm, advertising or in-house creative department.
- Degree in graphic design, visual communications or a related field.
- Ability to develop/present/pitch creative ideas.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Ability to process and produce multiple projects in a short time frame- resizing art/layout accordingly to specs.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong creative, organizational problem solving.
- Experience developing rich media and other forms of online advertising.
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a highly organized and detailed manner.
- Have an strong interest in social and cultural trends and emerging digital technologies.
- Strong portfolio showing a range of experience, concepts, and visual styles.
- Consumer goods and hospitality experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail. Self-starter. A positive attitude and a collaborative personality.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Muse, Adobe Edge or other new design and prototyping software tools is a plus.
- Animation & Video production experience is a plus.
- Experience supervising junior or production designers is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.