Our client in Hanover is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join their team. The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for shaping and protecting the corporate image/brand reputation, maintaining positive public awareness of our business, our purpose and value.
The Public Relations Manager will also be responsible for maintaining media, influencer and analysts’ relations. If you’re passionate about communications, engaging and cultivating audiences and advancing the goals of an organization through media relations, speaking opportunities and events, recognition and awards programs, and social, you’re right for this role.
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media/influencers/analysts
- Respond to information requests from the media/influencers
- Help internal stakeholders communicate effectively with the public
- Help maintain the organization's corporate image and identity; manage the non-crisis and crisis communications
- Draft speeches/talking points; prepare and arrange interviews for the organization’s top executives; including but not limited to the President/CEO
- Contribute to brand and corporate marketing initiatives, evaluating advertising and promotion programs to determine whether they are compatible with their organization’s public relations efforts
- Travel required.
- BS/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field
- At least 5+ years of proven experience in public relations and/or an external communications role; agency experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking; able to prepare/coach leaders at all levels within an organization
- A creative yet practical mind; able to turn an idea/concept into practical application