This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our start-up technology client is looking for a senior marketing project manager to join their growing marketing and creative team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various marketing projects, ranging from campaigns to communications programs to infrastructure and events.
As a project manager, you should be methodical, organized, structured, and have excellent time management skills. You should also use your communication and influence skills to collaborate effectively with various teams. Ultimately, you should be able to manage and deliver projects within quality, time, and budget requirements.
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume in Arlington, VA.
- Support the financial services marketing strategy development, planning, coordination, and delivery of organizational and project milestones
- Work with SVP of Marketing to create a strategic plan and mapping out the tasks needed to implement that strategy
- Manage schedules, budgets (when applicable), assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
- Partner closely with interdepartmental teams as well as global cross-functional teams including product, operations, legal, and third-party agencies to ensure projects are running smoothly and on schedule
- Work closely with specialized project managers and functional specialists within the marketing and communications team
- Attend meetings to keep informed about the status of project requests and make sure all information is entered and organized in a tracker
- Create and maintain the project timeline, and then ensuring everyone keeps to this timeline.
- Develop project briefs/plans and work with project teams to execute plans
- Maintain a dashboard and communicate status updates to stakeholders, team members, and management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that stakeholders may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Recap and create debriefs for every completed project; facilitate discussions on lessons learned and new knowledge gained; document properly and share
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Marketing with Project Management experience preferred.
- 7+ years of MarComm or Project Management experience
- Proven writing skills: briefs, collaterals, timelines, etc.
- Experience with managing multiple tasks simultaneously, well organized, project coordination and management experience a must
- Experience with Workflow, Click-up, and/or Jira tools a plus
- Strong understanding of creative, business, marketing, and functional requirements
- PMP certified, a plus