This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our nonprofit client in Alexandria is looking for a production design coordinator to join their expanding department. The production design coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the design production process for marketing and advertising projects. The position will report to the Program Director of Marketing and Design and work closely with the Product Marketing Manager in coordinating and tracking the production of collateral, advertising, and marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain design project schedules using the department project management system; alert the program director and specialist to upcoming deadlines
- Work as the liaison between the communications creative department and other departments to manage the production calendar and evaluate design requests for management approval
- Coordinate the production of design projects with digital/print vendors and external stakeholders as needed, including requesting quotes, submitting artwork, proofing, and receiving approvals for production
- Continually look for, suggest, develop, and implement improvements for design production processes and the department
- Assist in the management of the online employee photo library – organize and tag incoming photos, fulfill photo requests for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in continually updating the annual communications creative report
- Proof design projects to ensure current brand guidelines are followed
- Assist in maintaining photo libraries
- Assist with proofing and copy-editing catalogs and product marketing collateral, ensuring completeness of product information including data and photography
- Develop materials to support quarterly new product marketing campaigns including quarterly toolkits, spreadsheets, spec sheets, catalogs, emails, mailing lists, and website assets
- Assist with content on channel support portals for products including images, product descriptions, and other product characteristics
- 1-3 years of related work experience in marketing communications, business administration, data management, and/or print production coordination
- Degree in marketing, advertising, business, or relevant discipline from a regionally accredited university or college or other related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Intermediate experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Must be detail-oriented and organized to handle multiple projects and deadlines at one time
- Ability to work efficiently unaided and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills
- Experience with the Oracle is a plus