This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our hospitality client in Tysons Corner is actively looking for a Procurement Specialist. This contract position will be responsible for negotiating, executing, and managing supplier partnerships for the organization. You will provide critical expertise to all internal stakeholders on the roll out and maintenance of programs. This is a six-month contract opportunity.
- Work independently in key areas of supplier management, product development and program management for assigned commodities with oversight from Sourcing Manager.
- Manages sourcing initiatives with little management oversight.
- Identifies sourcing opportunities and work with all stakeholders to execute opportunities.
- Seek innovative products or trends and presents those to internal stakeholders for review.
- Evaluates and recommends suppliers for programs, including evaluating product quality, production capacity and financial stability.
- Develops supplier base to ensure multiple levels of product construction and production capabilities are available for programs.
- Takes a leading role in major bid initiatives, analyzes bid pricing, clarifies items and makes recommendation for award.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the commodities assigned and provides insight on those commodities to all internal departments, including the development of Brand Standards.
- Negotiates with suppliers to define program expectations, program pricing, warranties and inventory levels.
- Owns resolutions by collaborating with internal stakeholders and suppliers to bring resolution to significant project issues.
- Leads project discussions with strategic sourcing managers and/or brand managers.
- Monitors and manages suppliers for quality and cost and functions as primary point of contact for Quality Assurance (QA) issues.
- Offers supplier recommendations to internal partners and external designers during development of new prototypes.
- Interface with strategic sourcing managers and/or brand managers regarding product specifications and standards.
- Minimum Education: Four (4) year college degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of hospitality procurement or supply management experience
- Ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to fulfill team’s responsibilities and meet organizations core strategic goals.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Must maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally