This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our client in Tyson's is seeking a part-time Copy Editor to assist in editing and proofreading all internal/external marketing communications, as well as provide additional copywriting help as needed.
The ideal candidate must have an eye for detail, experience with editing/writing in a business setting and the ability to work both on your own and as part of a team. Previous experience working in marketing preferred. Position will be 20-30 hours week, for three months.
- Proofread/edit internal and external communications for accuracy, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Act as the last line of defense for fact-checking on all pieces
- Work with content developed in multiple mediums, including print, web, mobile and video
- Adhere to brand guidelines and maintain consistency across various campaigns/mediums
- Follow and maintain current proofreading/quality assurance procedures
- Collaborate with designers/account executives to ensure the quality of the work
- Assist with copywriting requests as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of proofreading/editing experience in a professional environment
- A 4-year degree, preferably in English, Writing or Communications
- Experience with creative/marketing content preferred
- Advanced competency with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with one or more of the major style guides (APA, MLA or Chicago Manual of Style)
- Ability to maintain high-quality work under pressure and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Must be able to work 2-3 days a week (MWF) onsite