This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
An up-and-coming mid-sized, global, internet startup is looking for a motion designer to join their creative team. The motion designer will create, craft, and innovate motion visuals across a brand. This position should possess a strong ability to distill complex ideas into simple, elegant motion solutions through design, typography, animation styles, and video editing.
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume in Arlington, VA. The candidate must be currently located in the DMV.
- Create animations and videos for a range of content from explainer videos to campaigns to social posts
- Take complex content from product and marketing teams and distill them into motion solutions that are visually arresting
- Maintain and evolve motion brand guidelines and understand brand objectives while pushing creative and visual boundaries
- Will work solo and with team members in both US and globally
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams to create compelling stories through motion
- Communicate effectively and champion work with leaders, collaborators, stakeholders
- Work closely with the team to streamline production workflows by driving videos from concept, through the script, storyboard, and visual development, to production and post
- Able to incorporate top-quality audio into motion products as appropriate, including voice-over, music tracks, and sound effects
- Experience working in FinTech or tech industries
- Must have 5+ years of professional motion, video editing, 2D animation, and 3D animation (preferred), with fluency in Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Must be a conceptual and disruptive visual storyteller with a passion for advancing a brand through design and craft
- Must have great communication and storytelling skills to convey your approach and techniques to internal teams and executives
- Must have excellent time management skills in order to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with UI animation for digital and web is highly preferred