This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Are you an experienced nonprofit membership marketing guru? Then we have a great opportunity for you! Our client in DC is looking for a Membership Strategy Director. The Membership Strategy Director will be responsible for managing our client's annual national member recruitment, retention, and development plan, as well as other initiatives including local, state, and international component membership marketing.
- Work with Managing Director of Membership Strategy & Services and Managing Director of Marketing to develop and document annual membership recruitment and retention plan goals
- Develop and deliver member retention and recruitment marketing initiatives to achieve annual membership goals
- Identify opportunities for new services and delivery channels that meet member needs & satisfaction
- Provide oversight for the implementation of marketing initiatives supporting the annual membership recruitment & retention plan, as well as the career center
- Develop annual marketing budgets and assess on-going marketing mix to drive optimal performance
- Develop overall and by segment short and long-term customer retention strategy based on clear customer insights that drive down churn and win-back former members
- Formulate and implement strategic marketing communication strategies and tactics to advertise the association's new and existing products and services across all media
- Research and explore new incentives and promotions, as well as cross-promotional opportunities
- Develop messaging, positioning, and value propositions for all membership segments
- Works closely with Marketing team on content and design of all marketing collateral
- Serve as the department’s primary point of contact with the Marketing team
- Train internal and external staff, including local and state chapter representatives on key marketing campaigns
- Oversee compilation of membership management reports
- Manage up to four outside marketing/production vendor partners to ensure timely delivery and continuity of services
- Provides direction and support for staff supporting regional, national, international, local and state component initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related
- 8-10 years of Membership Marketing and/or Member Relations/Reporting management experience required, preferably in an association environment.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical direction of membership strategies.
- Outstanding analysis/synthesis skills and excellent quantitative/qualitative analytical skills.
- Leadership strength and demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse resources as well as commitment to customer/member service.