This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
District Of Columbia
McKinley Marketing Partner’s large nonprofit client in Washington, D.C. is looking for a marketing strategist to work a long term contract (12+ months). The marketing strategist will plan complex, integrated marketing campaigns that drive engagement, revenue, and relevance in support of numerous products, programs, and/or Enterprise initiatives.
- Prepare core Integrated Marketing deliverables, using established team standards, schedule, and templates. Core deliverables include marketing strategies, campaign lifecycle maps, tactical marketing plans, learning agendas, quarterly performance analysis & insights. Deliver and/or present core documents to key client(s) and/or marketing matrix teams
- Consult with internal teams to understand customer wants and needs and co-create marketing strategies and campaigns that fulfill them
- Help establish multi-channel learning agenda and ongoing optimization/test plans, Create and maintain multi-channel marketing plans that project and measure tactic performance and ROI
- Create and maintain campaign lifecycle maps, updating frequently to reflect ongoing optimizations to the marketing mix
- Manage strategy and/or creative agency(ies) developing campaign strategies and/or creative
- Collaborate closely with Digital Marketing, Social Media, and other channel owners to ensure delivery of customer-centric marketing strategies, effective execution, and sharing of learnings and insights
- Develop positioning and/or marketing message architectures
- Act as a creative and copy expert across channels, incorporating integrated marketing best practices
- Project marketing budget needs. Manage marketing budget(s) and track vendor invoices. Ensure that channels use correct billing codes; monitor channel spend vs marketing plan monthly and YTD. Support the accrual process
- Analyze marketing campaign/tactic performance reporting, using Tableau dashboards (where available) or Adobe Analytics; pinpoint and share actionable insights
- Bachelor’s Degree is marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of prior direct response marketing experience, with an emphasis on integrated marketing, digital marketing, personalization and/or segmentation, test-and-learn, marketing campaign strategy and execution, agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of current marketing best practices in key channels: email, digital, direct mail, social, etc.
- Ability to work effectively and successfully in a matrixed organization. Talent for gaining respect and building consensus among stakeholders at different levels
- Strong analytical capability; skilled at deriving insights from data
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite. Familiarity with Tableau and/or Adobe Analytics a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment