McKinley Marketing Partners’ large non-profit client in Washington, DC is looking for a Marketing Strategist. The Marketing Strategist will be responsible for interfacing with product/issue SMEs, Channel leads, Brand, Legal, and other stakeholders to plan and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Consult with internal teams to understand customer wants and needs, and help design marketing strategies and campaigns that fulfill them
- Help establish multi-channel learning agenda and ongoing optimization/test plans
- Create and maintain marketing plans and campaign lifecycle maps
- Develop positioning statements, message architectures, and/or voice books
- Manage creative agency(ies) developing campaign creative concepts, tactical executions, and/or marketing strategies
- Collaborate closely with Digital Marketing, Social Media, and other channel owners to ensure co-creation of successful, customer-centric marketing strategies, effective marketing program/campaign execution, and sharing of learnings and insights
- Act as a creative and copy expert across a breadth of channels, incorporating direct response best practices and applying an integrated marketing lens across channel executions
- Manage marketing budget(s) and vendor invoices. Support the accrual process.
- Project and measure tactic performance, campaign budget, and ROI. Make actionable recommendations to optimize the marketing mix and ROI.
- Analyze marketing campaign/tactic performance reporting, using Tableau marketing dashboards where available; pinpoint and share actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of prior direct response marketing experience, with an emphasis on integrated marketing, digital marketing, personalization and/or segmentation, test-and-learn, marketing campaign strategy and execution
- Knowledge of current marketing best practices in key channels: email, digital, direct mail, social, etc.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and initiative; flexibility to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work highly effectively and successfully with others, to gain internal respect, collaborate, and build consensus among superiors, peers and subordinates
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment