McKinley Marketing Partners is seeking a Marketing Specialist for a contract opportunity with a retail client in Irving, Texas. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing activities for the digital platforms, apps and services to drive acquisition and retention, traffic, increase units and sales.The Marketing Specialist also will support different marketing functions that impact the customer’s path to purchase within our stores.
The Marketing Specialist Also will help ensure that the marketing strategy and communication are aligned across the organization by coordinating cross functionally and communicating with digital, marketing, ops, merchandisers, vendor and agency partners. This position will also support the execution of events and promotions.
- Assist in the development and versioning of creative elements across multiple channels and participate in photo shoots when necessary (includes coordination with vendor and agency partners for feedback and approvals)
- Assist in the continuous improvement of in-store marketing elements; Act as a liaison for printer, agency and merchandising teams on new or high-impact elements including displays that support traffic-driving events and special promotions
- Ensure projects are on track, within budget, and on strategy; provide support and guidance across the organization
- Works cross functionally with a peer group to seek the best solutions for overall business
- Manage the budget process from forecasting, estimating to the reconciliation of programs to ensure financial goals are against plan and dollars are maximized
- Support testing team to deliver POP elements to identified test markets on time and budget
- Manage assigned outside agency partners and vendors to assure alignment with the strategic vision and overall brand strategy
- Regularly communicate merchandisers, field contacts, and internal support functions to help achieve business objectives
- Manage logistics with 3rd party promotional agencies for event execution, develop promotional elements, produce elements, ensure partner accountability in delivering a program on time and budget
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field
- 2-3 years marketing experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills; process improvement
- Effective verbal and written communication skills