Looking to lead a small but fiercely talented research team at a world-renowned, fast-paced association? Ready to hone your strategic skills to advance the association as a thought leader? If yes, then we have an opportunity with one of our clients!
The market research director position is not for someone looking to sit behind the scenes buried in data. Media interviews, webinar hosting, and presentations are a must, along with maintaining the well-established day-to-day industry research.
This position will require the candidate to be currently located in the DC area and open to going into the office 3 days a week.
- Direct development and distribution of reports and member resources from association research, government data, and other sources
- Track and report on other research and data relevant to association members
- Develop new studies when warranted and present findings; support other association research and data collection efforts
- Handle member and public queries about association research, industry information, data, and statistics
- Prepare and publish digital and occasional print reports on research findings; daily review of e-newsletter
- Prepare articles for publications and host association research webinar series
- Prepare department strategic plan; update ongoing using OKR system
- Prepare department budgets and projections
- Manage research subscriptions, partnerships, vendors, and consultants
- Bachelors degree, masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in market research, surveying, business/labor economics, or related fields
- Strong presentation, writing, and analytical skills are mandatory, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a strategic thinker, enjoy innovation, and be able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a demanding, busy, fast-paced environment
- Supervisory experience required