This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our financial investment management client located in Owings Mills, MD seeks an internal communications writer for a six month project. The internal communications writer will be a skillful communicator who can distill complex information into valuable, timely, and engaging messaging and content. This role will work in close collaboration with communications partners (colleagues who support strategic messaging across each of the firm's business units) to provide internal communications writing support and communications project management.
Key responsibilities will require drafting and reviewing a range of internal communications, including messaging that supports key initiatives and program rollouts, change management, organizational announcements, thought leadership/blogs, and employee engagement. This person will write messaging around various topics and various deadlines, requiring attention to detail, flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and excellent organization. The position may also afford opportunities for feature writing and content curation to support the adoption of an innovative internal communications platform.
Communications Partner Support: Writing and Reviewing
- Respond quickly to complex, fast-moving communications requests
- Draft high-quality, internal messaging to support communications partners, directly aligning writing to business needs and priorities
- Review/edit content to ensure it aligns and complements enterprise-wide communications
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to better understand the business and priorities across teams to effectively communicate internally
- Help facilitate stakeholder communication review and approval
Editorial Team Support: Writing and Reviewing
- Produce features articles from pitch to execution, as time permits, including arranging accompanying assets and content (e.g., images, graphics, and spin-off content ideas)
- Participate in editorial meetings to generate creative ideas for articles
- Curate/draft content to support the adoption of an innovative internal communications platform
- Partner closely with other teams to align on communication opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Experience in internal communication and writing/content creation required
- Strong communication and listening skills (able to interpret and synthesize complex messages appropriately for an audience)
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability with building relationships
All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package.