This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Are you an experienced marketing professional whose had responsibility for managing entire marketing departments? Have you successfully taking a consultative and high-level approach to reassessing departmental structure and strategy? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you! Our healthcare nonprofit client located in Alexandria is looking for an interim VP of Communications and Marketing to join their team for three months+. The Interim VP of Communications and Marketing will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational responsibility for Communications, Marketing, Membership, and Meetings. This exceptional opportunity will have direct responsibility for executing various communications activities, including media relations, speechwriting, member communications and executive communications while reporting directly to the CEO.
- Oversee and implement general communications including publications, electronic newsletters, social media, website and other online communications
- Handle and coordinate all media relations
- Write and edit executive communications, including speeches and correspondence
- Design and implement marketing strategies to promote national meetings and other programs, products and publications
- Assist in managing membership recruitment, retention, and reinstatement programs both for individual and corporate members
- Develop and implement all overall meeting logistics for national annual meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related fields
- 10 or more years of experience in communications and/or marketing in a leadership role
- Nonprofit and healthcare experience highly preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork with members and staff
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission driven, action oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management