McKinley Marketing Partner’s Arlington based technology client is looking for an Event Marketing Specialist. The Event Marketing Specialist plans and manages a range of marketing activities to build awareness, generate leads and supports sales efforts. A major focus is to plan and execute engagement in industry events, conferences, customer and online events. Key functions include budget management, email marketing, managing social media and other marketing activities, sales enablement and post-event lead management.
- Collaborate with Sales and other members of the Marketing Team to develop and execute a successful schedule of events and to achieve lead generation goals
- Manage day-to-day relationships with event organizers and internal clients
- Manage vendor resources, both internally and externally
- Drive operational efficiency and identify opportunities for cost savings and process enhancements
- Attend a number of trade shows and events to help manage activities, including exhibit set up and tear down, helping staff the booth, etc.
- Monitor, review, report and act on all managed marketing activity and results
- Ensure that event lead data is captured, uploaded into the CRM system and that lead management activities are coordinated with Sales
- Serve as key user of lead capture software, which integrates with the CRM system
- Assist in managing the events budget and deliver activity on budget and on time.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Marketing
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills; detail and results-oriented
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Excel, marketing automation and/or email tools, and CRM programs like Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
- Team player and relationship builder
- Must be available to travel up to 25% of the time, including occasional weekend travel