This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
District Of Columbia
McKinley’s nonprofit medical client has an immediate need for a contract-to-hire digital communications associate to join their marketing and communications team. The digital communications associate will perform duties related to the production of member newsletters, distribution of content via digital channels, including website and social media. This will involve managing the production process for the client’s flagship weekly email, as well as other regularly scheduled email newsletters targeted at specific member groups; assisting with writing and/or editing newsletter content, as well as content for social media channels, which include Twitter, Facebook and WeChat; and working with Web Team and other internal stakeholders to post content to the client’s website.
This position will be on a hybrid schedule. All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package.
- Coordinate and send weekly email newsletters, as well as regularly scheduled topic-specific newsletters and provides daily news items to outside newsletter vendor
- Assist with writing and/or editing of newsletter content
- Assist with the creation and posting of content to social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and WeChat
- Manage posting of content to client website
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field
- At least 1+ years of work experience in Communication field
- Familiarity with health care writing and/or health care issues
- Familiarity with digital communications and social media platforms