This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley Marketing Partners’ large healthcare client in Owings Mills, MD is looking for a customer experience strategist to join their team. The customer experience strategist is responsible for planning, facilitating, and executing human-centered design processes across multiple projects. This role is responsible for capturing the voice of the customer and working cross-functionally to deliver meaningful and diverse customer experiences.
The customer experience strategist must be a champion of insights-driven strategy, evidence-based decision-making, and continuous innovation. The customer experience strategist delivers powerful stories through complex data, generates deep insight into the needs, motivations, passions, and challenges in the lives of our client’s customers by translating the information into strategies that elicit valuable customer behaviors. The successful candidate will be an advocate for the customer and will take a goal-first and mission-first approach when considering new ideas, products and strategies.
Candidates must be located within the Owings Mills area as the client will be moving to a hybrid office policy.
Human-Centered Design Process Activities
- Conducts/gather/defines preparatory research to understand the needs of customers
- Has the ability to conduct HCD research plans, which could include interview guides, participant observation, information-gathering tools, immersive research, SME conversations, surveys, and more
- Develops personas, journey maps and leads others through the development of solution seeking “How Might We…” statements
- Designs and facilitates ideation sessions with a variety of stakeholders, including future-state journey mapping, card sets, brainstorm sketching, paper prototypes, etc.
Collaboration with Business Partners
- Works with business teams to understand current challenges and goals, and align with (Customer experience) CX strategy and objectives
- Champions implementation of CX strategy objectives and a customer-focused culture across the organization
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on the collection of consumer trends, competitive insights, industry updates, and sales reports
Advocate for Customer Needs
- Leads associate - engagement strategies, including building empathy for the customer across the organization
- Acts as the voice of the customer - ensuring our customers’ needs are present in every discussion and project
- Champions usage of multiples sources of customer insights, including VOC, analytics, direct customer research, HCD sessions, and customer journey mapping
- Develops and presents the business case for new products or solutions at all levels of the organization, from Board and C-Suite to individual contributors
Accountability - Definition of Expected Outcomes
- Ensures there is a tracking mechanism in place to demonstrate the success or failure of the initiatives launched
- Responsible for driving product and solution innovation across the company
- Acts as project manager - lending support when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Design Strategy, or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years demonstrated product management, marketing strategy, design strategy, and/or progressive marketing project management experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Design Strategy, or Related Field
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence Leadership level teams
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams through the entirety of the human-centered design process
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues impacting an entire portfolio or business unit
- Strong knowledge of primary research approaches including quantitative and qualitative market research
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
- Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity, and passionate about innovation
- Proven ability to think critically as well as creatively while managing internal customers, complex projects, and driving business requirements and customer expectations
- Excellent Microsoft and/or Adobe Suite skills