This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
District Of Columbia
Our nonprofit client is currently looking for a CRM Database Manager. This position will provide technical and strategic leadership for the management of CRM and data needs. You will serve as a resource to stakeholders and ensure organizational effectiveness for the organization's technology and service operations by implementing strategies, policies, and practices while managing day-to-day operations and reporting needs.
The Manager is also responsible for application administration as well as the accurate analysis and management of all charitable data transactions; and will serve as the senior liaison between departments to maximize operational effectiveness.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing and Fundraising, the CRM Database Manager will play a critical cross-functional leadership role in understanding and implementing the organization's vision, goals and needs for both marketing and fundraising systems and operations; and ensure software and business processes run smoothly. The CRM Database Manager is responsible for ensuring the marketing, fundraising and finance staff have the tools needed to do their jobs effectively.
This position can be full-time remote.
- Oversee the database that currently supports both the marketing and resource development functions that integrate and aligns tools, data, and reporting.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and automated processes to ensure efficient flow of data; smooth integration between systems; and the confidentiality and security of consumer/constituent information.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance/updates to business rules, regulating data hygiene, operational policies, and data flows/availability in the CRM (and how staff are involved or interact to these policies).
- Ensure data entered into the database in a consistent and timely manner and accordance with industry guidelines
- Create, document, and monitor new processes and services to improve data quality.
- Lead the coordination of data hygiene and enhancement of projects such as, database de-duping, address updates, data cleanup, mass updates, data appends, and other strategic initiatives.
- Produce, or assist with the production of financial, analytical, and demographic reports as well as mailing lists, marketing segmentation, retargeting lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested.
- Produce data, lists, and reports for teams across Council as needed and, or requested.
- Define, document and monitor data management policies and quality standards across channels and in partnership with business unit SMEs to ensure data is current, correct, and kept clean.
- Ensure the systems working together correctly as the organization grows and changes and that data sharing between departments and externally follows security and privacy standards.
- Ensure alignment with field requirements and naming conventions of current and future source systems within the Data Warehouse.
- Actively monitor and troubleshoot Data Warehouse operations to identify and remedy issues.
- Proactively work with source system managers to account for any changes made in the data warehouse.
- Build SQL queries for reporting needs out of data warehouse
- Lead the effort to build and/or customize reporting dashboards.
- Produce reports in ClickDimensions, Google Analytics, and internal systems as scheduled or needed.
- Responsible for regular financial reporting in coordination with finance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five+ years' experience in systems and/or development operations, specifically in database management, reporting, and office productivity packages.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience and certification preferred, or experience with other CRM and data management systems in a fundraising and marketing support capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit principles and practices, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, records management; and IRS regulations on charitable giving.
- Must have an understanding of the types of data, reports, and analyses needed to support the fundraising efforts of a large nonprofit.
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools, including Google Analytics, Excel, and SQL preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL with the ability to understand and write queries for data validation and reporting needs. Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must be able to communicate technical matters to non-technical audiences and translate fundraisers’ needs into cost-effective technical solutions.