This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a copywriter looking for a great long-term contract (ongoing) with a top retail brand? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you! McKinley’s global client who operates much like a startup is looking for a marketing copywriter to join its dynamic and collaborative internal creative team!
The copywriter for CRM and POP (email, point-of-purchase, etc.), creates engaging content for use across various channels. The copywriter will be expected to produce error-free content, operationalizing content created for future re-use, and have the skills and attention-to-detail to edit their own work. The copywriter will often balance many projects, contributing to multiple initiatives across the marketing mix. As such, a self-starter used to a great deal of accountability would be more successful.
- Write clear, compelling, and persuasive product copy
- Be an advocate for authentic customer messaging that is also coherent, e.g. good grammar and spelling consistent with the AP Style Guide
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams to gather necessary product information
- Partners with the CRM and POP teams to produce marketing materials
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with the creative team to foster new ideas and customer-centric strategies
- Degree in journalism, communications, advertising or other applicable field of study
- 2-5 years of writing experience; preferably for retail in either an in-house or an agency setting
- A strong portfolio of work and the ability to present that work both strategically and creatively
- Demonstrates knowledge of writing and content best practices
- Exceptional editing and proofing skills
- Strong communications skills and ability to work across various teams at any level
- Has an attention to detail, an understanding the importance of the finer details, and can multitask in the face of competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment