This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
District Of Columbia
McKinley Marketing Partners’ DC based healthcare IT client is seeking a Conference Manager to direct and coordinate all aspects of participation in external industry conferences. As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Conferences Manager will manage a cross-department Conference Committee and lead planning and logistics for all conferences.
- Understands the strategic promotional needs of the client. Researches and suggests relevant conference presentation, exhibit and attendance opportunities
- Works with team to make recommendations on which conferences to attend and level of participation and presents recommendations to Executive Team on a quarterly basis for review and approval
- In monthly meetings, provides information to Conference Committee team members about new opportunities and past participation. Develops lists of action items for committee members and other staff, and follows up to ensure completion
- Maintains the conference database, which includes strategic intent of each conference as well as all details for conference (e.g., dates, location, budget, speaking proposals submitted and status, sponsorship, exhibiting, promotional opportunities, attendees and information from event debriefs)
- Manages all contracts and payments with conference organizers. Works with sales staff to determine appropriate materials to send, and making minor content and graphic modifications as needed for specific audiences
- Develops and maintains current exhibit booths to ensure all elements are in working order and that the booth is fully staffed
- Develops campaigns to promote attendance at presentations including planning client events and receptions at some conferences, determining promotional items for the booth, and executing direct mail and email promotional campaigns
- Manages the development, hosting and logistics for several conferences each year while working with Product Managers and leadership to determine content topics, agenda and speakers
- Manages all conference logistics including hotel selection and venue coordination, meeting room needs and setup, A/V needs, product demo set-ups, meals and receptions
- Manages budget and contracts
- Develops conference materials, including designed and printed agendas, signage and attendee gifts as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable areas of study
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in conference coordination for an organization, ideally related to health or information technology
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities
- Experience in promoting and driving collaboration with internal team and external partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word ,Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and organization.