This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
District Of Columbia
McKinley Marketing Partners’ legal non-profit in D.C. is seeking a communications manager to join their team for a contract-to-hire position. The communications manager will be responsible for creating content for marketing, membership, websites, press releases, events, and newsletters. Must be able to provide strong business writing examples.
- Develops creative, clear written material in support of the organization's communications strategies
- Plan and develops, and publishes internal or external communications (e.g., newsletters, brochures, manuals, website content)
- Ensure consistency of tone, voice, and messaging throughout all marketing materials
- Collaborate with key team members to execute creative marketing and communications campaigns globally across a variety of mediums, including print and digital
- Support e-marketing initiatives including the development of content and creation of newsletter and other outlined e-marketing campaigns
- Contribute to event activities with targeted communications such as email drip campaigns, landing pages, and sales tools
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field and a minimum of 7-10 years communications and/or copywriting experience.
- Experience crafting content and messages for a cause-driven organization, specifically in the advocacy, health, science, research or medical field. Agency experience a plus.
- Previous experience writing in the nonprofit/trade association space
- Working knowledge of web content management system(s)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume. All McKinley roles include a competitive benefits package.