This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our IT services client is searching for a communications coordinator to join their team. The communications coordinator will support timely, relevant, and high-quality strategic communication clients within the federal space. You will assist with formative research, communication plans and strategies, building strategic partnerships, developing and disseminating materials, and utilizing traditional and nontraditional social marketing and communications strategies including social media. This position will be at a DC client office 3 days week, office in NOVA one day, and one day from home.
- Develop written materials such as talking points, blog articles, white papers, briefing documents, fact sheets, and press releases for various target audience segments
- Support communications and integrated marketing activities, such as communications planning, stakeholder assessments, materials and marketing collateral development, focus groups and interviews, partnership development, outreach, website content management, program and campaign evaluation, and/or social media
- Work directly with clients to execute communications programs and campaigns that accomplish established objectives and leverage a wide variety of marketing tools, methods, and strategies
- Think critically and apply customer and industry insight to solve client problems
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages
- Assist in managing client relationships, project schedule, budget, and other project documentation
- Exhibit leadership skills and proactively contribute to maintaining a positive work environment
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in communication, marketing, public relations, or related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience in strategic communications, marketing, or public relations
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience with communications and/or stakeholder engagement activities, such as developing communications plans, talking points, and/or presentation materials
- Prefer experience or internship working for a PR/marketing agency, publisher, newspaper, and/or a government consulting firm
- Prefer experience or internship with planning, developing, and implementing marketing/public relations activities, including developing communications plans, strategies, messages, and tactics as part of an outreach or education campaign
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance is required