This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our start-up technology client is looking for an art director to join their growing marketing and creative team. The art director will come with proven leadership skills and exceptional design chops to create best-in-class design output for brands. The client is looking for someone who thrives in branding, design, and digital experiences. You should possess a strong ability to distill complex ideas into simple, and elegant solutions through design, typography, layout, and craft.
This position will require regular on-site attendance once in-office operations resume in Arlington, VA.
- Partner with marketing managers, copywriters, creative directors, and key stakeholders to create cutting-edge, beautifully branded marketing materials
- Create cohesive design solutions that solve for both business and user needs
- Responsible for the direction and quality of expert design output across marketing channels—campaigns and initiatives, web, email, social media, events, internal and external communications—that meets requirements, deadlines, and design quality standards
- Independently gather information, research, and information needed to generate innovative designs based on purpose, intention, and brand standards
- Lead briefing and conceptualize directions for new project requests and initiatives
- Understand and respond to marketing strategy in order to steer the direction of design solutions, iterations, and optimized approaches
- Work independently and collaboratively to iteratively create concepts that are progressively refined, honed, and tightened throughout the creative production process
- Work with project teams to build deliverables and assets that ensure the design is rendered as intended in the final format
- Work with project teams and designers to streamline workflows t
- Manage, mentor, and work closely with junior designers in the US and globally
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, fine arts, digital media or related fields
- 5+ years experience designing branded materials across a variety of media
- 2-3 years leading projects independently or with a team
- Agency or in-house experience preferred
- Conceptual thinker when approaching design and content requirements
- Strong fundamental design, typography, color theory, layout, and illustration skills
- Experience sharing strategy, principles, and best practices behind your design choices to stakeholders
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch, and other design creation tools
- Interest and skill in animation is a plus
- An understanding of user experience, digital platforms, and products is a plus
- Ability to work across time zones with teams in the US