This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Looking to work in a state-of-the-art customer experience digital innovations lab located between Baltimore and Annapolis? (Think startup with big company backing, as well as a fun, casual, and highly innovative environment.) Then McKinley has a career-altering contract opportunity for you!
Our Baltimore-area client is looking for a Senior Experience Designer who will work on all aspects of the design process. Moving from insights to ideas, the UX designer will creatively solve complex problems by threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable, and thoughtful solutions from concept to launch.
- Prepare research and testing, assist with producing personas, mapping customer journeys, and develop service blueprints for complex products and services
- Apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible digital solutions across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, as well as detailed design and design rationale both verbally and visual
- Use narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life then effectively present product vision to the product owner and other members of the tea
- Construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
- Participate in workshops, concept sprints and hackathons to inject design thinking methodologies to produce tangible results in a rapid and iterative way
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are effectively implemented
- BA/BS degree and 4 years’ related work experience, or an associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or high school diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- Minimum of 1-2+ years’ relevant industry experience designing digital experiences, websites, mobile applications websites, as well as products and services that successfully balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Knowledge of holistic and human centered design methods to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Knowledge of basic Interaction design and Information architecture principles
- Prototyping skills use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, UXPin, OmniGraffle as well as good experience with MS Office
- Entrepreneurial, experimental, and self-driven while also being collaborative, with a professional presence
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, UXPin, InVision; Other tools such as Axure or Flinto
- Visual design skills
- Familiarity of Agile software development process is