This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley Marketing Partners' client is looking for a Senior Content Manager for a long term contract located in McLean. The Senior Content Manager will support the Corporate Communications team by developing and managing content pages. The client is looking for someone who has both strong HTML and creative writing skills.
• Work with communications strategists and writers, video and design team, and production team to create and modify content pages in Microsoft SharePoint Online
• Create and manage lists, library, site columns, content types, document templates, master pages, permissions
• Monitor pages for adherence to organization standards, guide the site owners in keeping data up to date or archiving outdated documents
• Write headlines and short messages; apply photography, graphics and creative treatment to the page design. Follow writing and brand standards and quality control measures to ensure consistent messaging, tone and brand standard/identity. Adhere to AP style.
• Serve as backup for daily and routine production tasks for enterprise-wide communications channels and crisis communications, often handling time-sensitive and confidential information
• Fielding ad hoc requests related to all-employee channels and the Internal Communications department, including reporting and metrics
• 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or other subject
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Web/Graphic Design, HTML, User Experience, Content management, and publishing technologies
• Understanding of CSS concepts and application
• Knowledge and practice of SharePoint best practices implementation and utilization experience
• Experience working with development, staging and production environments
• Experience writing for various media, copy editing, proofreading
• Skilled in Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or similar IDE)
• Highly organized and flexible
• Adaptable to change and able to tackle unfamiliar tasks with positive attitude and resourcefulness