This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for the stability of a 40 hour/week photography/videography gig where you can use your digital technology savvy to tell great stories? Then our McLean financial client has an excellent opportunity for you! Specifically, they are looking for a contract Photographer/Videographer through the end of the year if not longer who has a creative eye and can translate an artistic vision into memorable images and video.
- Work as a primary corporate communications photographer (80% of assignments) and a support videographer (20% of assignments)
- Collaborate with writers, design studio and production team to strategize, develop creative briefs, schedule and produce photos and videos
- Manage photography and videography process start to finish, including choosing and setting up locations, setting up equipment, taking studio and on-location pictures, editing and retouching images, managing and uploading files into the production environment for website publishing
- Schedule photo and video sessions, manage location logistics, provide advice to employees participating in photo sessions, be discreet and sensitive to the security requirements and corporate hierarchy
- Perform digital asset management: file naming, file organization, and image storage
- Advise on photography and video equipment, methods and techniques
- Available for occasional local travel and work outside of regularly scheduled work hours, as needed
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in workstyle, editorial, portrait, corporate events and facilities photography
- Degree in photography, film, art, design, media, advertising, communications, or journalism
- Experience with Adobe creative cloud suite of software, principally Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects. Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint.
- Video editing experience, Premiere Pro CC as well as FCP 7 and FCP X experience
- Experience with Canon, Panasonic and Sony broadcast cameras and equipment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, high-volume production environment
- Highly organized and flexible, able to manage schedule efficiently
- Adaptable to change and able to tackle unfamiliar tasks with positive attitude and resourcefulness