This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley Marketing Partners’ Management Consulting client in Arlington, VA is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to join their team for a three-month contract.
- Implement and execute internal communications strategies and programs on a global scale
- Work closely with Internal Communications Practice Lead to bring integrated, compelling, and high-impact messages to people across the company in a timely manner
- Research, write and edit various types of internal communication materials including intranet content, email communications, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Leverage existing media, and when appropriate, recommend and execute the design/development of additional media to achieve communications objectives
- Assist in the development and deployment of standardized communications materials including content such as internal global meeting announcements and new global program materials
- Assist in maintaining the company’s global intranet site to ensure accuracy and timely updates of content
- Ensure coordination with External Communications as needed on projects
- Assist in the development of company-wide messaging around global and corporate programs and events
- Ensure alignment with key stakeholder groups outside of People Engagement, Safety and APEX, such as Legal & Compliance, Finance, and Global Business Services
- Assist in tracking results and seeking feedback to measure the effectiveness of communications
- Plan and manage internal events
- BA or BS in majors including communications, journalism, public relations, marketing
- 6 to 8 years of communications experience with at least 3 in internal communications, preferably with a leading global brand
- Business acumen with ability to understand complex issues, execute a strategy and anticipate response
- Proven ability to communicate to a global audience
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting information to develop strong key messages
- Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational abilities, big picture thinker
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated presentation experience and understanding of on-line, print and video communication channels
- Strong creative writing, editing, organizational, strategic planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build effective relationships
- Approach to work should be take charge, proactive, and very detailed-oriented. Should also be able to effectively prioritize work and exercise mature judgment.