This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
McKinley Marketing Partners is seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager to support and enhance our corporate growth. This position will be based in Alexandria, VA and will report directly to the Senior Director of Business Development.
As a Manager of Business Development, you will contribute directly to the corporate bottom line through business-to-business sales of our marketing consulting services to our portfolio of client companies. In this position, you will:
- Work to meet aggressive sales goals through the development of strategic plans and plan execution (land new accounts).
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain client/prospect relationships with support of sales automation and CRM tools.
- Schedule and attend client meetings to ascertain clients’ needs by applying your marketing knowledge to help determine the best resource for their specifications.
- Partner with McKinley’s recruiting team to identify top talent through the candidate interview and screening process.
- Manage all aspects of the project process to ensure a successful result for both McKinley and our clients.
- Manage corporate accounts and client projects with a customer service focus.
- Work closely with the executive team on market penetration strategy development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience in a marketing organization.
- Demonstrable experience and responsibilities with sales and account management is highly desirable.
- Established business relationships that can be leveraged to launch new sales initiatives.
- Minimum of 3-5 years direct sales experience in the professional services industry, preferably in marketing services, advertising, or service delivery.
Compensation (base and variable comp) will be based on experience and ranges between $90k-$120k.
What’s in it for you?
McKinley offers a congenial, team-oriented work environment with the opportunity for professional development and the chance to contribute to the company’s growth and prosperity. For your hard work and dedication, we offer our employees a highly competitive compensation package, which includes salary plus uncapped commission, a generous medical plan, 401(K), flexible spending account, company paid long-term disability, and generous leave. Our unique offices in residential Old Town Alexandria offer easy access to running trails and a roof top terrace with sweeping Potomac views.
- Are driven to find and land business opportunities.
- Have a broad understanding of different marketing disciplines and a natural desire to persuade.
- Love working with people and building long-lasting, meaningful relationships.
- Have a “get ‘er done” drive to move business forward.
- Have a keen approach to solving problems in creative ways.
- Are exceptionally passionate about marketing.
- Are problem solvers for both companies and job seekers alike.
- Want our employees to stay happy, fulfilled, and work with us forever.
- Provide a nurturing atmosphere for our employees, allowing each individual to be productive.
- Have a tradition of attracting and retaining skilled and experienced consultants who live balanced, productive lives as a result of the flexibility gained by working with us.