McKinley Marketing Partners is seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager with a "hunter" sales mentality to support and enhance our corporate growth. This position will be based in Alexandria, VA and will report directly to the VP of Marketing and Client Services.
As a Manager of Business Development, you will contribute directly to the corporate bottom line through business-to-business sales of our marketing consulting services to our portfolio of client companies. In this position, you will:
- Work to meet aggressive sales goals through the development of strategic plans and plan execution (land new accounts).
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain client/prospect relationships with support of sales automation and CRM tools.
- Schedule and attend client meetings to ascertain clients’ needs by applying your marketing knowledge to help determine the best resource for their specifications.
- Partner with McKinley’s recruiting team to identify top talent through the candidate interview and screening process.
- Manage corporate accounts and client projects with a customer service focus.
- Work closely with the executive team on market penetration strategy development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years direct sales experience in the professional services industry, preferably in marketing services, advertising, or service delivery.
- Experience in a marketing organization preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a sales "hunter," whose had prior success patnering with an account manager or recruiter
- Established business relationships that can be leveraged to launch new sales initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
McKinley offers a congenial, team-oriented work environment with the opportunity for professional development and the chance to contribute to the company’s growth and prosperity. For your hard work and dedication, we offer our employees a highly competitive compensation package, which includes salary plus uncapped commission, a generous medical plan, 401(K), flexible spending account, company paid long-term disability, and generous leave. Our unique offices in residential Old Town Alexandria offer easy access to running trails and a roof top terrace with sweeping Potomac views.
- Are driven to find and land business opportunities.
- Have a broad understanding of different marketing disciplines and a natural desire to persuade.
- Love working with people and building long-lasting, meaningful relationships.
- Have a “get ‘er done” drive to move business forward.
- Have a keen approach to solving problems in creative ways.
- Are exceptionally passionate about marketing.
- Are problem solvers for both companies and job seekers.
- Want our employees to stay happy, fulfilled, and work with us forever.
- Provide a nurturing atmosphere for our employees, allowing each individual to be productive.
- Have a tradition of attracting and retaining skilled and experienced consultants who live balanced, productive lives as a result of the flexibility gained by working with us.